When guests purchase a holiday package including Park Tickets, Disneyland® Paris offers the carer of a disabled person a free entry ticket upon presentation of an official disability document.
The documents accepted are as follows:
• DLA Disabled Living Allowance, dated within the last 12 months
• AA Attendance Allowance award letter, dated within the last 12 months
• PIP Personal Independence Payment letter, dated within the last 12 months
• Blue Badge (European disabled parking badge), currently valid
• A doctor’s letter from the general practitioner or a specialist (dated within the last 12 months) confirming the permanent disability and the need for a carer. The diagnosis does not need to be stated.
• Disabled war veteran card.
• Disabled document given by the country in question (disability card)
• The disabled guest must be mentioned at the time of reservation along with their specific needs with regard to travel and accommodation.
• The guest must pay the totality of the reservation at the time of booking and the discount will be applied later.
• Once the reservation is confirmed, the agent will email a scan of the official disability document plus a copy of the disabled guests’s passport or identity card to the CRO Special Needs Department.
• If the document provided is accepted, in accordance with the official list of accepted documents, the discount will be applied to the reservation with a commercial gesture to the value of the ticket.
• The agent will receive an email confirming the carer discount and a new confirmation will be sent.
This process can only be applied for requests made before arrival.
Free Carer discount does not apply if the disabled person has been booked with a free offer (eg. "kids under 7 go free", or where the disabled child is under 3 years old).
The carer must be an able-bodied person of at least 15 years of age.
The CRO sales agent is not authorised to approve the free carer or the amount of the reduction.
The decision of Disneyland Paris is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Carer discount is not a fixed price and cannot be guaranteed.
In the case of a standalone ticket, the carer ticket and disabled reduction are given at Gate by the Ticketing Department upon presentation of the correct documents.
Priority access cards for entrance to attractions cannot be issued in advance; guests will still need to go to City Hall with the appropriate official documents.
For more information call us on 0330 331 0470